Despite the fact that they are most frequently recognized for their wood-eating behavior, termites are also capable of infesting many cellulose-based items. They are often found in books, picture frames and fibers just like carpets.
During late springtime and early summer season, termites take part in swarms in which winged female and male reproductive mate and proceed to build new colonies. Soon after these mating colonies, winged termites lose their wings. These wings can be found in piles around an infested home and are certain indicators of an infestation. Termite wings are clear and look much like fish scales.
Other indicators of termite infestation are loose plaster, sagging walls, piles of plaster or wood dust as well as jammed doors or windows. When a termite infestation happens to be apparent, it is in many cases full-blown. In the event you are suspicious of an infestation in any division of your home, make contact with a local pest control expert to schedule an examination.
Things You Can Do to Protect Your Home from Termites
Seeing that termites certainly are a persistent threat to your home, listed below are some points that can be done throughout the year to help maintain a termite free home. Small ways earn a huge difference in termite elimination and keeping a successful termite treatment plan. Begin with getting rid of moisture conditions and food all over your home. These basic measures make your home a less appealing victim, helping prevent termites.
Remove Moisture Troubles
- Fix leaking sinks, and water pipes
- Divert water from base
- Maintain gutters and down-spouts nice and clean
- Eliminate unnecessary plant cover and wood mulch
- Wipe out standing water on roofing
- Maintain all vents clear and wide open
- Seal access ways near water and utility lines or pipes
Get Rid of Food Sources
- Keep paper, lumber, or firewood off of foundation or crawl space
- Remove stumps and particles around house
- Set screens on outside vents
- Examine decks and wooden fences for destruction
- Wood on your home must never get in touch with the soil
Termite Indicators & Detection
Some signs of a termite infestation:
- A momentary swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil all over your home
- Any bubbling or cracked paint or frass (termite droppings)
- Wood which will sound hollow once tapped
- Mud hoses on outside walls, wood made beams, or perhaps in crawl spaces
- Dumped wings from swarmers
Pest Control Auckland 0800 783 266
Pest Control Auckland has been proudly serviceing the following areas since 1987
howick, pakaranga, botany, panmure, ellerslie, mt wellington, penrose, greenlane, remuera, newmarket, epsom, mt roskill, mt albert, otahuhu, onehunga, south Auckland, east Auckland, west Auckland, north Auckland, eastern bays, eastern suburbs, western suburbs, Papatoetoe, pukekohe, papakura, mangere, manerewa, parnel, city, hernebay, ponsonby, pt chev, new lynn, manukau city, waitakere city, north shore, shore, waitakere, manukau, Henderson, te atatu, glen eden, titirangi, massey, greenhieth, west habour, hobsonville, orewa, brownsbay, glenfield, birkdale, Birkenhead, takapuna , Devonport, milford, east coast bays, hibiscus coast, whangaparoa, Albany, nth shore
Contact Us Phone 0800 783 266